Sunday, February 25, 2007

February 25, 2007



Hi all,
Pictures above are of me and a few of the birdhouses I am working on and the other picture is of Sandra Greer (Pastor Greer's wife) and me putting the finishing touches on the crosses for our Lenten Luncheon.

This next week is our last week here in MS…we will go over to TX for a couple of days and visit friends and then head home to PA.

We have been working at Ernest & Callee’s home these last two weeks. We have hung 3 interior doors and one exterior doors. No door has gone in smoothly. The one exterior door took us two days to complete. The door jambs had to be re-built to make the door fit. Ernest was so excited about the door, he ripped out the old sheet rock and put in new and was so proud of how nice it looked. He is like a little boy with a new dream.

They have not had a sink in either of their bathrooms. The 94 year old momma has had to bend over into the tub to wash her face. Ken installed one in the hall bathroom and we were hoping to get a good bargain like we did with the other cabinet. We drove many miles and hit many stores looking for a bargain. We decided to try a Goodwill Store…lo and behold…they had an old vanity. The sink was blue so I wasn’t sure if Callee would like it so I told the lady I would call her the next day and let her know. Callee didn’t care what color it was…she was just happy to get a sink. We picked up the vanity and sink and the vanity needed to be re-built. Ken bought oak wood and re-built it. I cleaned up the sink and it looked pretty good. Ken went over to install it and Callee was not home. Ernest was so excited and was hoping that Ken would finish it before she got home. He did and fixed an old cabinet they had for more storage by putting a new top on it and fixing up the sides. Callee was so excited. When we went over last evening to check out a few things for our next project, she pulled me into the bathroom and wanted me to see what Ken had done and how she had already put it to use and decorated it! She just raved and raved at how much talent Ken has (but, I already know that).

In fact, his talent has gone even further. Ernest & Callee have a front door that used to be a French door and has been mangled by Katrina and they have been struggling with it. Ken designed a who new front entrance for them. Rebuilding the wall, putting in side lights and new front door. Ken sketched it out on paper and got Ernest & Callee’s approval (they were just happy to get a new door). We figure it will take us the rest of the week to finish up this project.

We had work day at the church on Saturday and I worked all day in the office until 9:30 that evening updating the database I had started last year. Ken went over to finish the bathroom for the Young’s.

After working at Ernest & Callee’s house, I have been making bird houses for the Audubon Society…I have made 25 already and have 10 more cut out to do this week.

Ken & I are doing our PowerPoint presentation for the first Lenten Luncheon on Tuesday this week. I am in a quartet and we are singing a song called, “Read Between the Nails”. Ken and I have made crosses out of cut nails to go with the song and with the presentation as a reminder of this Lenten season.
julie and ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home